A number of Sister Parish member churches have recently responded to calls for action on migration and U.S. policy.
- Wallingford UMC has organized a trip to the border with Opening Borders and coordinated visits to a local detention center.
- St. Joan of Arc has also organized trips to the border with Opening Borders and started a Welcome the Stranger ministry. Another group holds regular vigils outside the large detention center in the area.
- People of Hope has committed to sharing positive stories from El Salvador to combat all of the negative stereotypes in the media.
- Duluth First Lutheran is organizing a forum on immigration and has shared their bishops’ statement with their sister community in El Salvador.
- Trinity Church joined others in the area to form the Interfaith Partnership for Refugee Resettlement to support refugee families in transition to U.S. life.
If you or your faith community is looking for ways to respond, we encourage you to connect with others to share ideas (we would be happy to help you connect). This is not meant to be an exhaustive list, but one to invite further sharing and support.