We are planning a number of activities this year and there are a few different ways you can join us.
- Make a donation to our $16k in 2016 Year of Encounter Fundraising Campaign. Your contributions make our work possible!
- Follow our Open Delegation in November. We will visit communities in both Guatemala and El Salvador to encounter a cross-section of the Sister Parish family.
- Share your personal stories about how encounters through Sister Parish have affected your life. We’ve posted a few stories on our blog, but we can always share more.
- Participate in your community’s delegation. Delegations are the heart of Sister Parish encounters and we appreciate all your efforts to make them happen.
- Organize a Solidarity Walk or Solidarity Encounter in your community this fall.
Photo Gallery – Our favorite photos from 2015
We love our Sister Parish community and these photos show why. If you’re wondering what we’ve been up to in the past year, check out our favorite photos from 2015.
Celebrating Easter with beautiful sawdust carpets
A number of Sister Parish faith communities marked Lent and Easter this year by making colorful sawdust carpets and participating in processions. If you like what you see, we encourage you to create your own sawdust carpet to build community and raise awareness. This and other event ideas are included in our Fundraising and Awareness Packet.
Sister Parish, Inc. promotes intercultural and ecumenical understanding by establishing linkages between churches in the United States and faith-based communities in Central America. Our members tell you more in the brief video Introduction to Sister Parish.