The Solidarity Walk is our largest outreach and fundraising event of the year. The walk is also a time to gather for fellowship, reflection, and prayer. This year, we will be organizing virtual Solidarity Walks, the need for fundraising, reflection, and prayer only heightened by the pandemic.
This year’s theme is “We are called”, reflecting on our faith and how we are called to solidarity and action in these times of crisis. At Sister Parish, we feel called to stand by our communities in prayer and friendship, to challenge ourselves to take bigger steps toward racial and economic justice, and to provide relief aid to those most in need. But we need your help to do so.
Please join us this year in reflecting on how we have, and will continue to, build this beloved community, despite borders and the pandemic.
Materials to organize your Solidarity Walk:
- Solidarity Walk Organizing Booklet (the booklet is from 2020, but can also be used this year)
- Timeline and Organizer Checklist
- Join our fundraising team on Mighty Cause
- Pledge form
Not organizing a Solidarity Walk? Here are other simple ways to support.
- Donate on the Sister Parish Solidarity Walk page and share the page with your friends and family.
- Pledge in honor of your partner community. Make a donation on our page, click “Add a dedication”, and write the name of your sister community.
- Join us for the 2021 Virtual Posada organized by communities in El Salvador and Guatemala to share this special holiday tradition.
Please contact Carrie at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.