There are no borders or definition of races that can prevent us from loving each other
as human beings. I am sure that if each of us shares these thoughts with others,
we can achieve inner peace and real changes in our society.
– Rafael Carranza, Sister Parish member in El Salvador
Sister Parish is all about connecting people at the heart. We offer the opportunity to develop personal connections as people of faith in the U.S. and Central America. These heart-to-heart connections are transformative and, through them, we can act as equal partners in building peace with justice.
This year, we are asking for your help in growing Sister Parish’s capacity to unite hearts and lives in this way. With our 2019 Solidarity Shout Out fundraising campaign, we hope to not only meet our needs as an organization, but also set aside designated funds for key growth initiatives. By raising $20,000 above and beyond what we normally raise, we would be able to provide delegation scholarships, facilitate the work of our Central America staff, strengthen our financial reserves, and invite a member from Central America to visit the U.S. on a pilot speaking tour.
Starting in March, we will collect matching grants to increase the impact of smaller donations made during the campaign.
Our flash fundraising campaign will take place June 23-30, 2019. In 8 days, with the help of our matching fund donors and fundraising team, we hope to raise $20,000 for our mission.
Will you help us reach our goal? There are several ways you can participate:
- Make a donation to Sister Parish. Any amount, big or small, at any time strengthens our communities across borders.
- Make a Challenge Grant donation, a pledge to match the donations of others, up to an amount you set. Please send a check to our financial office and label your donation “2019 Solidarity Shout Out Challenge Grant.”
- Join our fundraising team. Help raise matching funds during the eight-day flash fundraising campaign from June 23-30. We will help you set up your own fundraising page on Mighty Cause, which is linked to a team page to track our collective progress.
- Travel with our Open Delegation November 15-24. We will visit communities in both Guatemala and El Salvador to encounter a cross-section of the Sister Parish family and hear their stories. We will learn about the current reality in El Salvador and Guatemala from our partners.
Thank you for participating. We could not do what we do without people like you. You are helping us change lives, one loving relationship at a time.
To offer a matching grant, become a fundraiser, or learn more about the Open Delegation, contact David Ericson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-313-2880.