Due to the global pandemic, we have put the following hiring process on hold.
The US Regional Coordinator carries out administrative tasks for the organization, assists with communications, fundraising and outreach, and provides support to member churches in the US as needed.
Reports to: Sister Parish, Inc. Executive Director
Hours: 15-20 hours per week. Flexible schedule with 1-2 staff meetings each week.
Location: Home-based office located in the United States, mid-west location preferred.
Position Responsibilities and Tasks
Development and Administrative Tasks:
- Serves as primary office contact in the US;
- Receives and records delegation payments and donations; distributes invoices and
receipts; writes thank-you notes promptly;
- Maintains Sister Parish database (Salesforce) and mailing lists;
- Assists in fund development and fundraising activities;
- Creates and distributes training and promotional materials to current and prospective members;
- Prepares and distributes e-newsletters, hard copy newsletters and an annual report;
- Collaborates on website updates, regular blog posts (WordPress), and social media posts;
- Participates in fundraising and strategic planning efforts with board members and
- Houses equipment and records of the US office.
Outreach and Member Support:
- Encourages and facilitates church-to-church relationships between US members
through Facebook, the Sister Parish blog, and the periodic organizing of conference calls, and/or organization-wide events;
- Supports US churches in fundraising and awareness-raising activities, as needed;
- Assists in the recruitment of new churches;
- Assists in the development of new recruiting materials.
Qualifications and Skills
- Understanding and commitment to ecumenical and social justice work based on
anti-oppression principles; Knowledge of socio-economic and political situation in Central America and US involvement in the region; Experience in Latin America a plus;
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to keep records, work independently, and maintain the US office with limited supervision;
- Experience with faith-based organizations and/or faith-based organizing;
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills;
- Strong verbal and writing skills; ability to produce reports and newsletters, and manage social media platforms;
- Advanced computer skills, including comfort with WordPress, Microsoft Office
(Excel, Word, and Publisher), and database management (Salesforce or other online database systems);
- Ability to manage basic budgets and accounting;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently;
- Desire and ability to make a minimum 2-year commitment;
- Passion for the Sister Parish mission and vision;
- College degree preferred, but applicants with significant relevant experience are
encouraged to apply;
- Spanish proficiency preferred.
Sister Parish provides a computer, printer and headset. Sister Parish will provide funds for office supplies like paper, thank you cards, and printer ink. The employee must have access to the internet.
Salary and Benefits
$1,100-$1,200 per month, two weeks paid vacation, and accrued sick time. Additionally, Sister Parish offers a small stipend toward home office costs.
Apply by February 15
Please send a resume, three references, and a cover letter to:
Carrie Stengel, Executive Director
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Position open until filled.
About Sister Parish Inc.
Sister Parish exists to foster mutual understanding and commitment to peace and justice among people in the United States and Central America. This objective is pursued through intentional linking between churches and communities of faith in the United States and Central America (currently El Salvador and Guatemala). Delegation travel to the North and South with home stays is an essential aspect in enhancing awareness and understanding, and nurturing closer relationships. For more information about Sister Parish, Inc, applicants are encouraged to visit www.sisterparish.org.
Sister Parish is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, gender or sexual orientation. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.