The Solidarity Walk is our largest outreach and fundraising event of the year. Every year, Sister Parish communities in the US, Guatemala and El Salvador raise money for Sister Parish by hosting Solidarity Walks in their communities. The walk is also a time to gather for fellowship and prayer. We hope you will join us by organizing a Solidarity Walk or alternative event in your community.
This year’s theme is “Family”. We often talk with love about the Sister Parish family, the community of people that have been changed by the Sister Parish experience. Participants stay in family homes, recognize the common bonds of family across different cultures, reflect that we are all part of the same family of God, and form long-lasting family-oriented connections with people in their sister community.
Please join us this year in reflecting on how we have, and will continue to, build this beloved community in divisive times.
Materials to organize your Solidarity Walk:
- Pledge form
- Promotional flyer for use in your church
- Solidarity Walk Organizing Booklet — 2018 (coming soon)
- Timeline and Organizer Checklist
If your community is not hosting a walk this year, you can still participate.
- Organize a “Solidarity Encounter”, a lunch, or other event to raise awareness about Sister Parish. A number of churches in 2015 organized alternative events and sent pictures to share with their partner community. If you need ideas, our Fundraising and Awareness Packet has great examples.
- Sponsor the Southern Encounter – Central American Sister Parish members have requested a special gathering focused on strengthening their international relationships and learning about the migration crisis in their countries. You can pledge to support participants from your partner community. The group will host Solidarity Walk stations in different locations as they travel. All funds donated to this fundraising page will be used for this and future encounters organized by and for Central American community members.
- Share our fundraiser page with your friends and family.
Please contact us with any questions.