Sister Parish turns 25 in 2013! Here are just a few things that we’re planning for our 25th Anniversary Celebration:
- Spreading the word about Sister Parish with commemorative merchandise. Thanks to the generous donation, we are excited to offer commemorative 25th anniversary merchandise. Go to our online store to purchase hats, shirts, mugs or other items that have our special 25th Anniversary logo on them.
- Celebrating with our Southern Communities. In April, the Board of Directors traveled to Central America with Sister Parish founders to meet with our communities in Guatemala and El Salvador. The delegates were able to celebrate with our Sister Parish communities in the south, and hear about why Sister Parish is important to them. See pictures from the delegation and read reflections from delegates on our blog.
- Celebrating with our Northern Communities. Now that they’ve returned from Central America Central America, Sister Parish board members and founders will visit each of the US churches to share what they learned on their delegation, and to hear about the US churches’ experiences and hopes for Sister Parish.
- Building a strong foundation for the next 25 years. Sister Parish founders are joining together to raise $25,000 for our 25th anniversary. Until the end of the year, they are offering a dollar for dollar matching grant for donations until we reach our $25,000 goal. This money will be contributed to the Sister Parish general fund, enabling us to keep building solidarity for another 25 years and beyond.
- Telling our story. In October, Sister Parish will release our new documentary Generations in Solidarity. This documentary will include interviews of Sister Parish leaders in Guatemala, El Salvador and the US and will tell the story of Sister Parish communities that continue to struggle for justice amid violence, globalization and environmental degradation.
- Sharing our stories online. All year long, we are sharing reflections from Sister Parish community members on our blog. Reflections are available to read in English and in Spanish. If you would like to write a blog post about your favorite Sister Parish experience, contact us.
- Singing songs together. Throughout the year, we will be collecting songs from Sister Parish communities in the north and south for our Sister Songs Project.
Buy 25th Anniversary merchandise online!